Convocation is an exciting time! To help you prepare for this celebration, review the checklist in advance of your graduation.
Prior to your convocation ceremony
Once you completed all your program requirements and applied to graduate, you should:
- Check your graduation status if you are an undergraduate student. Graduate students with questions about their status should contact their program office.
- Carefully examine your official name on the file to see how it will be printed on your diploma. Name change forms are due by May 1, 2020; ensure you have appropriate documentation to support the change (as listed on the form).
- RSVP to confirm your attendance at convocation and to rent your robe.
- Print your tickets and give them to your guests.
Review Your Student Account and clear all debts with the library and/or telecom. Your diploma will be withheld if you have outstanding fees to the University. Direct inquiries to:
- Library fine information: check online or call (416) 736-5181
- York Telecom (for students in residence) at (416) 736-5611
- Pre-order a frame for your diploma (if desired).
On the day of your convocation ceremony
- Arrive 90 minutes prior to the ceremony to pick up your robe and marshal for the procession.
- The graduate procession starts 30 minutes prior to the ceremony - arrive ahead of this time if you'd like to see the procession.
- After the ceremony, enjoy the reception and celebrate!
- While your guests enjoy the reception, take a few moments to return your robe and pick up your diploma. Note: only graduates will be allowed into the robe and diploma areas.
- Once you have your diploma, pick up your pre-ordered frame or purchase one on the spot in the diploma area.
- Share your York Convocation pride on social media using #YorkUConvo - thank your family, give a shout out to your favourite prof or show us how great you look in your cap and gown! You might even be featured on the big screen inside the pavilion.
Unable to attend convocation?
After June 29, 2020 you may pick up your diploma at Registrarial Services (W120 Bennett Centre for Student Services).
If you prefer to have your diploma mailed to you, complete and submit your Diploma Mailing Request Form.