Replace your Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) diploma with a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) diploma effective October 2014.
Effective with the October 2014 Convocation, the Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) degree designation will be renamed to a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree. Alumni who received a BASc degree may elect to change their designation to a BEng degree.
Alumni who elect to change their degree designation can expect the following:
- A notation will be added to your academic record and transcript that the degree was renamed.
- A new diploma with the BEng designation will be issued to you by the original Faculty from which you convocated, using the diploma design and layout currently in effect; you may keep your original BASc diploma.
- Graduates from the Faculty of Science will remain in the Faculty of Science for their new BEng designation.
- Graduates from the Lassonde School of Engineering will remain in the Lassonde School of Engineering for their new BEng designation.
- To receive your replacement diploma within three to four weeks from receipt of the form starting mid-October 2014.
Please note: during busy and peak times, such as examination periods and convocation as well as University closures, processing times will increase. Questions regarding your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this process to replace your BASc diploma with a BEng diploma:
- Please complete and submit a Request for a BEng Diploma for BASc Alumni Form including credit card information by fax at 416-736-5444 or place it in the drop box in the lobby of the Bennett Centre for Student Services (the building is open 24 hours a day).
Please note: if you already have a BEng degree designation (i.e. your diploma was issued in October 2014 or later) or if you have a BASc designation and wish to order a replacement but not change your degree, fill out and fax a Replacement/Duplicate Diploma Order Form.
Your full legal name, as shown on the Student Information System, is what is used on official University documents, such as transcripts and diplomas.
Please note: you will need to sign in with your Passport York username and password. If you have forgotten your Passport York username and password, and want to re-set your access, please go Computing at York.
Forms will be processed for a fee of $80 not including mailing charges.
To receive your BEng diploma you can either pick it up at Registrarial Services in the lobby of the Bennett Centre for Student Services during regular office hours or you may arrange to have it mailed to you. If you want to pick up your diploma in person, please ensure that you have photo identification with you. If you choose to have it mailed, mailing charges are:
- $35 in Canada
- $50 in the United States
- $100 International
All diplomas are sent through UPS and require a signature from the receiving party. When York University ships your diploma, UPS will be provided with your e-mail address and they will e-mail you a shipping confirmation and tracking number. If there is no one home at the time of delivery, UPS will leave a card in your mailbox indicating that an attempt was made to deliver the diploma or certificate. The diploma or certificate will then be sent to a local distribution centre for pick up by you at a later time. Diplomas and certificates that are returned to the University as undeliverable will be filed and held until the next December or July (whichever is sooner). It is the graduate's responsibility to pay for another mailing for any diplomas or certificates that are returned, so please ensure that the address information that you submit is correct.